The Shift Leader is responsible and accountable for performing specific tasks and duties, as assigned. The Shift Leader provides each guest with a positive customer service experience, prepares quality food products and keeps the restaurant clean, pleasant and safe for all customers and employee’s .The Shift Leader Follows and enforces all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
The essential functions of the crew person positions are denoted below in the following key area:
Total Customer Satisfaction
Consistently provides a quality product and customer service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction. Ensures the restaurant management team and crew provides Quality product and customer service as well.
- Follow all customer service guidelines and procedures; takes the appropriate action to ensure all customers receive service beyond their expectations.
- Work assigned station(s) accurately and productively; cleans and stocks the station area(s); performs other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all customers receive hot, quality products, prepares, packages and delivers all products according to menu standards.
- Handles all food products according to company procedures, follows all company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of customers and employees.
- Assist managers and Crew with completing duties as needed.
Training and Development
Strives to improve personal skills and performance level. Ensures the entire staff is trained properly using the tools provided. Potential managers are identified and trained using the Shift manager training process.
- Follows the steps outlined in the Crew Person Training Program to ensure crew is properly trained and obtains the ability to perform tasks and responsibilities.
- Communicates to Trainee, Manager on duty when additional training, guidance, and practice are needed.
- Understands how each job responsibility impacts the customers, other employees and overall operations.
- Keep manager on duty informed of anything that might affect the customers, other employees and overall operations.
- Is performance oriented and driven; understands performance expectations and is aware of performance results.
Appropriate and Fair Business Practices
*Follows and complies with all company policies and procedures regarding business and personal practices as well as ensures all policies and procedures are followed by crew and mangers.
* Follows and enforces all company safety, security and emergency policies and procedures; maintains a safe and secure environment for employees and customers.
*Personal appearance- The Restaurant manager must maintain a complete, neat, and clean and wrinkle free uniform.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a telephone or other reliable method of communicating with the restaurant.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- 40 Hours minimum required.
The Shift Leader is responsible for assisting the General Manager with the following areas.